research; storytelling; camera, sound; editing; content management;
In the field of virtual reality and especially in cinematic VR, the focus is currently on technology development and I truly believe that research work is needed also in the connected areas like montage, storytelling, audience immersion etc.
VR and 360 projects:
- March For Our Lives Seattle 360 featuring Raging Grannies produced during #Sixr Cinematic Virtual Reality Challenge; Team members: Vivian Hua, Gisella Bustillos:
- The Book of True Feelings 360 VR Emotional Cues Experiment;#Sixr Cinematic Virtual Reality Challenge; role: camera, editor;
- Like Birds, short-doc, Helsinki, 2016; role: editor; director: Heidi Piiroinen;
- Yellow, short narrative experience, Seattle, 2017; role: director;
Activities in VR field:
- member of Aalto Cinema Lab, Helsinki;
- Ph.D. student at Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland; my research theme is “Montage in 360° cinematic environments”;
- Assembling Essemble – International Conference and Workshop on Film Technology, Lisbon, Portugal (Oct 2017);
- #Lights, Camera, Interaction! – GEECT Conference, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland (29 May – 1 June 2016);
- VR FILMMAKING WORKSHOP Helsinki (13-20 August 2016);
- Relational, Immersive and Participatory Activities in Performance (RIPA) Workshop, Helsinki (10 January – 17 February 2017);
- Tribeca Immersive’s Virtual Arcade, New York (April 2017);
- NFFTYX 360º Bootcamp, Seattle (29, 30 April 2017); coordinators: Sandy Cioffi, Gretchen Burger, Rose Troche and James Kaelon;
- VRVe showcase -ME/WE: Our Future City showcases 360º videos by local artists exploring hopes and fears about a changing city; locations: BORDERLANDS exhibition August 3rd and Ballard Public Library showcase, August 9th 2017;
VR coordinator, June 2018 – Double Exposure Opening Event, SEATTLE ART MUSEUM. Seattle I have coordinated this event that was four hours long and had over 250 participants. Filmmaker and media artist Tracy Rector, produced a VR experience to accompany her video installation. Facilitated the use of technology for first time users of virtual reality. Troubleshooting various types of VR headsets and systems.
SIFF VR Zone – SEATTLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL – Virtual Reality Docent, May-June 2018 – Facilitated the use of technology for first time users of virtual reality. Troubleshooting various types of VR headsets and systems.
Current projects in develpment:
Please visit XR Journeys